Friday, February 24, 2006

Take me out to the ball game. . .


We just found out that Bubba's baseball team will be the Riverdogs. They are the Yankee minor league team in Charleston, SC. It looks like the team colors will be yellow and navy. We are supposed to go to the first team meeting tonight. His coach will be the dad of one of his friends, and the husband of my teaching partner. Bubba is excited that he knows several kids on the team. We are excited that he will have a positive and encouraging coach.

If I am not mistaken, this team won the championship last year in t-ball. So, we are getting in on a good team. We are now in the 5-6 year old division. This is the coach-pitch level. This will be Bubba's first organized, youth-league sport experience. When we went to sign ups, I was feeling a little overwhelmed, nervous, and really behind. Who knew that you had to start them so early! Four years old. Apparantly there are lots of kids who start that young. I was definitely not ready to be a "soccer (or baseball) mom" when he was 4. Honey wasn't even ready to start this year. When I found out how long the season is (March - July), I wasn't ready to start either. It seems like he has his whole life to be competitive. I know it will be good for all of us. You know. . . we aren't busy enough.

1 comment:

Laci said...

wow! how fun! Cade is growing up! I want to come to a game sometime!