Thursday, January 25, 2007

Moving

Honey and I have been married 8 1/2 years. In our first 4 1/2 years of marriage we lived in 6 different houses. We became pros at moving. We had it down to an art. When we moved into this house 4 years ago, we had very little baggage. We learned that it was way easier to get rid of it than it was to pack it and move it. Since settling into our current house, we have aquired more furniture, more children, more yard equipment, and that is just the major stuff.

Several weeks ago, in an effort to simplify (my theme for the year 2007), I began to organize, de-clutter, dump, trash, donate, and any other verb you can think of that means "to get rid of". Turns out, I'm glad I did, since we are moving in the next 45 days or so. I am excited about our new house . It's truly an answered prayer and a blessing from God. I am not excited about all the work that goes in to moving. With January drawing to a close, and my self-appointed month of rest ending with it, I am dreading the act of moving. So, in an effort to inspire me to begin packing this weekend, I've decided to post a list of things that I love about our new house. (in no particular order, of course)


  1. The private pool/park right around the corner.
  2. The breakfast bar in the kitchen, just big enough to feed three children.
  3. The mud room (really it's a mud "area", but it will be big enough for all 5 of us to use)
  4. MUCH smaller yard = less yard work (more like a weekend hobby than a part-time job)
  5. Closer to Bubba's school
  6. Sidewalks
  7. Playroom
  8. Stained concrete floors!
  9. Bigger pantry
  10. Bigger office/sewing room
  11. Less bathroom to clean
  12. Larger family room/kitchen
  13. Finally being able to put our armoire in our master bedroom where it really belongs

We probably shouldn't show this list to the family that bought our house. They might change their minds!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How exciting!!! It looks like such a great house. Good Luck packing :)
~Ashley

The Binkley Family said...

Congrats! It is always fun to look forward to a new house. How is "Honey's" job situation doing? I hope you guys have many happy memories in your new home!

Mommy Spice said...

It's always great moving to a new house...it's all the packing, unpacking, figuring out where to put things, hang things and what to do with the things that just don't go anymore, that's a pain. After moving, I always say I'm not moving again for a very long time.

Laci said...

First of all you were sooo right about the master bathroom in your current/old house! It is AMAZING! I was always so excited to plan my future bathroom just like yours! And it sounds like your new house is just perfect! Will the floors get really cold on the tootsies in the winter?? I can't wait to see it. Also I do remember how upset you were that the armoire wouldn't fit in your bedroom, you made honey try and try to get it in there and it just wouldn't fit through those angled doors...but I thought it looked so nice in your living room to! And that new play room sound really great! :0) Congrats!!