Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The front yard

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Well, there has been quite a lot of tackling going on around here. This week at The Preschool is our Spring Program/Pre-K Graduation, so the tackles involved with that are just too numerous to mention. The tackle I'm most proud of happened this weekend. Friday and Saturday were spent getting the front flower bed started and finished. (I forgot to take a before picture, but just imagine whiteish brown calachi dirt in place of the plants, mulch, and edging. ) But here is the after picture.



Everything in the ground should come back bigger and better next year. Everything in the pots are all of my favorite annuals that I just can't live a summer without. Now all we need is the grass. We hope to have sod by the middle of May... Spring is finally here, and as much as I loved the winter, I'm glad it's flower time!

Dash over to
5 Minutes for Mom and see what everyone else has tackled today!

3 comments:

Laci said...

awww, pretty flowers! congrats! :0)

Lauren said...

Great job!!!

I got on a bulb kick this year.. planted gladioli, calla lillies, and asiatic lillies. (Already had daffodils.) Plus, my mom in law brought some hostas and seedum down from gramma's farm, so now I have to make room for them. I think I'll be xpanding my flower bed, or making a new one on the side of our house.

Julia said...

Jenny-
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I knew you had one now, but its been so long since I did it that I had no idea where yours was! It took me a few minutes to figure out who you were, but then I saw pictures of the kids - they're getting so big! It looks like you guys have been busy with a move too...lots of fun! Its nice being able to catch up a bit. I'll try to check in more often.