Monday, February 09, 2009

I'm starting a new Meme

So...it's been over a month since I've posted. Great. I've become one of those bloggers. Here's the crummy thing about not blogging for a month: Over the last 4 weeks we've been busy. . . doing things . . . things that are actually blog worthy. But to tell you about them now, after all this time, just seems sort of like a rerun. It's all old news. And I can't bring myself to blog about any of it now, pretending like it all just happened yesterday. It would be wrong.

So, I'm starting a new meme. We bloggers need some new memes anyway, because Facebook is stealing all of ours. My meme is going to be called Top 10. It's the top 10 reasons I haven't blogged in a while. And when you're done, you tag a few of your favorite bloggers that haven't posted lately and let them share their top 10. It'll be so much fun!

Jenni's Top 10 (in no particular order)

1. We went to Disneyland towards the beginning of January. We had a wonderful time and loved every minute we were there. We rode all of the cool rides. You know, the ones that take your picture at the climax of the ride and then sell them as you exit the ride for exorbitantly high prices? We rode all of those, at least twice. My parents and brother also went. We were gone 5 days and it took about 3 weeks to get back into the routine of real life. But it was so worth it.

Here we are on Day 2 waiting for the Disneyland Railroad to take us to Adventure Land.


2. I've been working on a scrapbook dedicated to the pictures we took on vacation, at least the 190 pictures that actually got developed.

3. Bubba's playing basketball. That's him in the white making a basket. He likes playing, and frankly it's my favorite sport to watch. Mainly because it's inside, out of the elements. I hope he continues to like basketball. And btw, those fancy black shoes he's wearing? They are too big for me. I tried them on and they are about 1 size bigger than I need. He started the year with the size just too small for me and skipped right over my size. It's OK though. I didn't really want to share shoes with my 3rd grade son. I do fully intend on sharing shoes with the girls when they get to be my size.

4. Last week everyone in our house, except Honey, was sick. It was a very looong week, but we're all feeling better now. We're just dealing with that lingering cough that seems to stay forever.

5. Honey went hunting in January. He brought home some deer meat, and so far he's been making a ton of jerky. He got a dehydrator for Christmas and is putting it to good use. He's been experimenting with different ways to season and marinate the meat before it goes in the dehydrator. I have pictures, but I think they are still on the camera.

6. I've been on Facebook. Yes, I'm another statistic . . . another blogger cheating on the blogsphere with Facebook. Sorry. I'm gonna try to do better.

7. I also have a renewed resolve to finish losing weight. Now that the holidays and vacation are over, I want to loose my last 12 lbs. So, I've been a bit preoccupied with counting and measuring and stuff.

8. I've been selling stuff on Craigslist. I gotta' tell you, it's a riot. In one weekend I got rid of some video chairs and a football game that were just collecting dust in the office and made $40!

9. After vacation, we all pooled our money (including the Craigslist money) and bought Guitar Hero World Tour. We have the guitar, microphone, and drums. Grampy bought Bubba an early birthday present and added the bass guitar to the collection. It is so much fun! I usually sing or play the drums. Bubba is a rock star on the guitar. It is so funny to hear the girls sing "Eye of the Tiger" in their best rock star voices.

10. One of my goals in January was to clean and organize the office. I'm beginning the transition out of teaching preschool. Soon school stuff will no longer occupy the office. Honey is inheriting the small filing cabinet for his work stuff. I love that he's using it now because the desk stays way less cluttered.

Well, that was fun and I feel like y'all are somewhat caught up on the Casa de Hairdryer. I'm tagging Cindy, Shelly, Sunny, and Gayle. All of these girls are on my must read list, none of us have been posting with much frequency lately, and I would love to hear what's been keeping them from the blog. So share your Top 10 with us!

6 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Love it. :) Apparently you aren't writing OR reading, though... I posted something like this a couple weeks ago. :)
http://stillhisgirl.blogspot.com/2009/01/excuses-excuses-excuses.html

Laci said...

I tried to do your top ten list and I only made it to #6. I tried though! I'm glad you're back!

The Binkley Family said...

well, i am so glad you are back. no excuses needed. just glad to have you back!

The Binkley Family said...

hey, what happened to skizzer?

Ashley said...

Glad you're back! Looks like Disney was fun. I've never been- hope we can go when Kate (& whatever other kids we have) gets older.

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Hey, I finally got mine up. It has been a week and a half! Thanks for tagging me! Have I told you I'm glad you're back! And you are looking great! I'm so excited with you in your weight loss!