Monday, March 08, 2010

Cheating

No, not cheating on my Lent commitment...

...but it might make you cheat on yours...if you gave up Facebook for Lent.

Honestly, I wouldn't call it cheating. I'd call it a loophole.

I'm posting some snapshots into the life that is mine courtesy of Facebook statuses from the last month or so.
*************************************************************************
February 1, 2010
I wish I was positive and energetic and encouraging right now, but I'm not. I'm just ready for February to be over. It's kinda' making my head hurt.

February 3, 2010
Mary TuTu requested to wear a side pony-tail to school today.

February 4, 2010
A Kindergartner just proposed marriage. I had to break his heart and tell him I'm taken. I think he's already over it.

February 6, 2010
It's all about knowing your limitations, and I'm learning that coaching basketball is one of mine.

February 11, 2010
Trying twitter again. So far it isn't my favorite.

February 12, 2010
College kids should not get to drive a nicer car than me.

February 16, 2010
No one wants to watch the Olympics with me, so we're playing Guitar Hero.

February 17, 2010
I'm curious...are you giving up anything for Lent?

February 20, 2010
I'm at Starbucks with my favorite 10 year old. He just did a "rap"accino for me.

February 22, 2010
I'm dreaming about Spring Break. Any big plans for the big week?

February 26, 2010
Overheard during the Texas unit in Kinder, "The eyes of Texas are a pond jew..."

February 26, 2010
What do you listen to/read while you're working out?

March 1, 2010
Hello March! I've been looking forward to your arrival since the beginning of February.

March 2, 2010
I scared my brother in to going to work this morning even though it's really COLD outside. I told him I planned on watching "After the Rose" on the DVR as soon as I got the kids off to school.

March 2, 2010
I just heard a lady order iced tea with vanilla at Sonic. Is that good?

March 3, 2010
Working on taxes today. I do not want to file an extension this year!

March 5, 2010
Is it bad when you want to delay answering your cell phone so you can listen to your ring tone?

March 5, 2010
I went to call the girls in from playing outside. They were on the corner singing with their microphones pretending to be street performers. They got 4 pennies.

This morning
Well, it looks like the weather around here is getting back to normal...most of the rain is going to miss us, but we'll get the wind full-on.
*************************************************************************
Feel free to respond in any way you feel led. I seriously don't think this counts :)

2 comments:

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Speaking of Spring Break...I've been going to call you. We will be in town for my granddad's birthday party. (We are meeting my south plains family half way.) I was wondering if ya'll would be in town--give me a call!

The genius folks in charge of the calendar last year put a snow make-up day the Monday of spring break. Are you stinkin' kidding me! Evidently they had not used them in a decade and didn't plan on it actually being a possibility. So we have school Monday! Then we will be heading to see last name family for a few days.

Misty said...

I miss facebook... sort of. and yet, I don't.
anyway...
I should have given up sweets too... too many milk duds yesterday. TOTAL sugar coma.