Saturday, March 06, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I gave up sweets for Lent. Yes, I know, it was a rash, emotional decision, but that's what I did. I haven't had desserts or sweet snacks in 17 1/2 days. Not even the Weight Watchers kind. Nothing.

It was going OK, I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. In fact, I was feeling a little guilty because Lent is supposed to be about sacrifice and struggle and giving up something that would be hard to give up.

But it wasn't like that at all.

For the first 15 days.

Then the PMS hit. And I said to myself, "This is going to be harder than I thought." And then I said, "I don't have to do this...I'm not Catholic." And then I said, "The kids are at school, Honey is at work, no one would know...except God..."

And then I decided I needed a diversion. Something to take my mind off of all the chocolate and sweets and chocolate I'm craving this very moment. I need to take all of my nervous, addicted energy and focus it on something positive.

Like...I'm POSITIVE I need some chocolate...

Like...Spring Cleaning.

So, me and the girls are off to tackle this:


Look how sweetly they are posed. They think this mess is cute. Give me about 20 minutes and they'll change their tune. I'll be back in a few hours to show you a pic of what we got accomplished.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm with you on rethinking my Lent choice. No fried foods while moving is kinda hard. And I'm DYING without Facebook. I lost count of all the perfect status updates I've missed out on sharing with my friends. I'm counting down the days until Easter...and praying that God changes me through this process :)

Su said...

That's not the worst mess I've ever seen. ;) And it may not be cute, but your princesses certainly are!