Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jet Lag

It's hard to believe that this time yesterday Honey and I were here:


I'm told that to really enjoy Cancun, you have leave your equilibrium at home and step out of your motion sickness comfort zone.

And drink only bottled water. And then throw the empty bottle away. Under no circumstances do you refill the empty water bottle with water from the tap in an effort to recycle and reuse.

And when you doubt the quality of the drinking water, order a Pina Colada.

After 4 plane rides, 2 boat rides, 2 airport shuttles, 1 bus ride, and not nearly enough of the liquid gold they call bottled water, we're home from our adventures. Despite the motion sickness, we had such a relaxing, fun time.

We didn't all get back home under one roof until about 10:15 last night. Honey jumped right back in to work today . . . cold turkey. The kids and I are taking the "wean yourselves off slowly" approach. We're still in our pj's.

I am doing laundry though. I did fix breakfast and lunch. And, I have a plan for what to cook for supper.

I know what you're thinking. Going from cooking zero meals a day to 3 squares and an afternoon snack isn't exactly "weaning yourselves off slowly".

No, it isn't.

I still half expect a hotel waiter to find me lounging by the pool and ask, "Hola, Mrs. Would you like a refreshment?"

Honey did bring me coffee in bed this morning. I love that even after 4 days, he remembers how to make it just the way I like it.

So, I'm off to switch the laundry and unload the dishwasher. And rehydrate. Because, you know what? We're back in the land of make your own bed.

No comments: