Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Nine on Nine

Nine things for the ninth day of nine people living in our house.


lunches as far as the eye can see

1.  The kids that are staying with us are black.  We are not.  Which really doesn't matter at all, and honestly it never crossed my mind until the first morning they woke up at my house. 

And I realized that I had to do the two girls' hair.

It took them 3 mornings before they pulled out the magic spray.  I think they just enjoy messing with me :)

2.  I am so proud of my children.  They have shared EVERYTHING THEY OWN with their friends and never once complained.  We had an extended family birthday party for my girls this last weekend and my girls even shared their brand new birthday toys.

3.  I am so proud of my adopted children.  They have stayed so positive and strong and never once complained when we didn't have the food they like or their favorite shirt or their favorite game.

4.  The grace of God and our church family are sustaining us.  They have stepped in and donated time, money, gas, and hugs to get us all through to the other side of this.  We haven't been alone in this and I have an army of people ready to step in and help with ANYTHING.

5.  We watched some 7th grade football this week.  It is WAY fun to watch your son(s) play with their friends and represent their school.

6.  We have some athletes in our house...4 softball players, 3 soccer players, 3 football players...it's kind of stinky.  I'm kind of sick of it.  I'm working on it today.  Laundry, and Scentsy, and Febreeze are my friends:)

7.  If you ever have 9 people living in your house and only 2 bathrooms, I have some advice for you.  It takes FOR-EVAH to get everyone showered.  We learned that the hard way.

8.  I don't want to jinx it, but The Diabeetus has behaved.  Except for that one time that I forgot to bolus for breakfast.

9.  My husband is the most patient, loving, hardworking man I know.  I jumped in to this with both feet and as soon as he could, he jumped in right after me.

**Please keep praying for this family.  Their dad will not easily be fixed.  And please remember their sweet, stressed out mama.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Praying, praying...
I have been wondering how the diabetes was working with bigger meals, etc... Praying that that stays at bay, as well... You are amazing. Your church family sounds amazing too!

Mandy said...

It warms my heart to hear that your church family has stepped in and is helping with your needs. That's so wonderful! Still thinking of y'all.