Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Let's start with one of my personal favorites.

Hey!  It's been a while hasn't it?  Bear with me while I find my voice again.  I don't know if I remember how to write or not.

In October 2014 we bought a house.

It's our little house in the big woods.  I told Honey when we started our home search that if we were going to leave Texas and live in Colorado, I wanted trees, and hills, and to know that I wasn't in Texas anymore.

He listened.  And took my words seriously.
When I look out the windows, I see trees, and hills, and sometimes deer, and for the last several weeks, snow.

We've been spending the last few months making the house feel like ours. (And gathering firewood to keep us warm in the winter.)
Little projects here and there.
Just cosmetic stuff.
There's nothing wrong with the house.  We just want to put our stamp on it.  Hairdryer-ify it.

We are definitely still unpacking, putting away, going through, and settling in.  It's a process, and I'm not in a hurry.

The master bedroom has a sun room attached to it.  It's my favorite room in the house.  There is so much natural light and the view may or may not be what sold us on the house.  It's the sort of view that pulls you into the room and makes you want to stand in front of the windows all day.

Here's the sun room before we moved in.


See what I mean about the windows?  Love.

Behind me on the wall is a TV.  There are patio doors leading to the deck for the summer, and a pellet stove to keep it cozy in the winter.

Here's what it looks like today.






Even though you have to walk through the master to get in here, we don't consider it a private room.  It's an extra TV space, a craft room, an office, a puzzle room, a quiet room.  Brooke and Mary Tutu love it in here.  When we were still unloading the moving truck, Brooke disappeared.  I found her in the sun room, no furniture, with a jigsaw puzzle spread out on the floor just enjoying being in the house.





The hutch behind the couch was Mema's china hutch.  She gifted it to me several years ago.  It holds all of my scrapbooking stuff.  The built in cabinets and shelves hold the rest of the crafting stuff.





I slid a skinny folding table in behind the couch.  The crate holds all of the girls' pens, pencils, markers, paint brushes, scissors, etc.  They usually move in here to do homework or color or loom.


Hello windows.
The left corner of the built ins serves as our desk.  It's where I pay bills and balance the checkbook.  Just to the right of the chair is a cabinet door.  The sewing machine is stored in there.  It can pop up to counter level when you need it, and then be lowered back down when it needs to be stored.  Love!

Do you have a favorite spot in your house?  What do you love about it?

4 comments:

Mandy said...

How great to see an update from you! And I absolutely LOVE your sunroom. I dream of a sunroom. It looks just perfect for hanging out in. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, dreamy location and stunningly beautiful sunroom! <3<3<3<3

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

What a great space! (Yes, I've watched a little too much HGTV lately!) I can't wait to see it!

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

What a great space! (Yes, I've watched a little too much HGTV lately!) I can't wait to see it!