Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Don't tell the Curves lady

Yes, I am under 40 and I go to Curves. I like it. It is good for my lazy body to get moving at least 3 times a week. Now, Curves is not for your avid exerciser, I have fabulous thighs and no under-arm flab kind of person. But, I have never been known to be that kind of person. That is why Curves is good for me.

Anyways, I was making cookies for Bible study last night. (Don't worry, Curves lady, I only let the teens eat the cookies. I eat rice cakes and humus while they enjoy the desserts that I smell all afternoon baking in the oven.) And as I was baking the chocolate chip ones, I wondered: Is there an acutal rule about eating the cookie dough? I know there is a mom rule, but come on let's face it, mom rules hardly ever have scientific proof to back them up. (I myself have made up numerous mom rules in my short time of motherhood.) I'm pretty sure there is something to do with eating raw eggs that could be a health risk. But I rarely make cookies from scratch. I usually just buy the pre-made dough from fundraisers, and those don't have real eggs in them, right?

I think that it might be a waste of time to actually bake the cookies. Why couldn't I just sit the tub of dough on the counter with spoons and just let everyone scoop what they want?

To further the support of my theory, last night the teens actually had a conversation about how much they love cookie dough. I think my idea would be a hit with them. And it would save me at least 8 minutes every Monday.

Then I realize that I am actually having this conversation with myself! How bad could it really be? I hope Curves sweats the laziness out of my body soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haah honestly, being a youth group alumni.. you should go for the dough. I think it would be a big hit!