Saturday, October 01, 2005

Oh, you know you do it too

Ok, it is now the 2nd morning in a row that I have not had my hair dryer time. Yesterday morning I was enjoying the sound sleep that I found in the living room recliner until Bubba's alarm went off at 7:00 am. I am not an insomniac. My mom and Honey are laughing right now because I am the exact opposite of an insomniac. Actually, Mary TuTu was up all night "frowing up" as one of my pre-k kids would say. She started at about 11p and finally got to sleep for about 1 and 1/2 hours before Bubba woke up. Why do stomach bugs only hit in the dead of night? Anyways, she is feeling better now. I am trying to keep Brooke from getting the same bug. What do you think my chances are?

So, I put them to bed last night at 8:00 on the dot so that we all could get some sleep. I set my alarm for 7 this morning thinking that they usually get up around 7:30, so I would have time to shower, not shave my legs, just your basic shower. Well (doesn't this always happen?) at 6:30 I hear little footprints in the living room and think with horror "Great, Brooke is sick." Much to my relief she wasn't. They were both awake and ready to play. I need to get them an alarm clock. It did however make it a pleasant surprise that no one was "frowing up", so waking up early wasn't as big of a deal.

So now that I have 2 awake, not sick, girls on my hands I think that I will strap them in to their high chairs and park them in front of Sat. morning cartoons so I can take a shower (maybe even shave) and dry my hair. Oh, come on, you know you do it too.

No comments: