Friday, March 31, 2006

Something to think about

Occasionally, Honey is overwhelmed with all there is to do in his week, and I get to help him by writing the youth article for our church's bulletin. Here is the one I wrote for this Sunday.

I’m falling in love with Jesus! I know its happening because I think about him . . . a lot. The more time I spend with Him, the more time I want to spend with him. My ears perk up every time I hear His name. I want to hear stories about Him. I want to know what makes Him happy or sad. What makes Him strong. What makes Him hurt. I want to know the trials He faced and how he overcame them. I want to spend time studying Him, memorizing everything about Him.

Because I admire Jesus so much, I want to be like Him. I want to like the things He likes. I hang on his every word, knowing that He reveals more of His character every time He speaks. When I have a problem, I want to know what His advice is, because his counsel is so wise.

This isn’t just a crush, it’s the real thing. My love for Him is so strong that I want the choices I make to honor the relationship we have. I want my life to please Him, to bring glory to Him.

I don’t always make choices that bring honor to Him. These are the times that I truly learn how committed Jesus is to me. He proves over and over that He loves me more than I love Him! By the time I realize I’ve violated Him, He’s already forgiven me. Way back on the cross, He proved that He loved me by dying for me. Now, He graciously accepts my repentance and loves me like it never happened. What a joy it is to realize that the One whom I love with all my heart has loved me from before there was time! Not only does Jesus love me back, He loved me first!

1 comment:

Laci said...

nice piece.