Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I don't care

I don't care what the Weather Pixie says. It's 79 degrees outside. It could be 99 and it wouldn't change a thing. At our house, it's Christmas! I love everything about Christmas, and with Thanksgiving only a couple of weeks away, we are getting the holidays started off right! Our days are merry and bright and our halls are decked.



That's right, WE ARE DONE DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS! (well almost, only a few minor details here and there) The stockings are hung. . .

and I can't wait to get snowed in! When I was younger, my family would rent movies and work puzzles all day on snow days. What was/is your favorite activity on those oh-so-sweet, unexpected snow days?

5 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

The best part of a snow day is getting to stay in your pj's as long as you want!

Good for you, putting out your Christmas stuff! That way you can enjoy it longer!

Laci said...

aww I miss your mantle with all the Christmas decorations! I only remember ever being snowed in one time as a child in Lubbock.. and we went and played in it.. untill it melted that afternoon..!

Laci said...

hahaha! We wish!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenni!!! I miss you and your ability to deck out a house in the appropriate themed decor at the earliest moment possible! I just had to giggle that this post was on Nov 7th and you've got all your Christmas stuff up. But I'm also not a bit surprised! Just wondering how your mom's house is faring since this is obviously a genetic trait you got from her! LOL! I just love you, Jenni! Thanks for making me smile today!
~SJ

Anonymous said...

Oh and by the way, you can come to my house...we're snowed in. But up here they dont close school for that kind of stuff. We'd never have school if they did! (And for the record, they have recess inside when it gets below 10 degrees! LOL) But on snow days we like to bundle up and the girls make snow angels and snow men (or snow women as they informed me last year) and go sledding. Then we come in for some hot chocolate and marshmellows and sit by the fire.
~SJ