Friday, June 29, 2007

Pinwheels

There seems to be a discussion going on over at this blog and I wanted to put in my two cents worth. Served cold, no hot oven required during the preparations, eat with your fingers, party food is the category. PINWHEELS! is my answer.

Pinwheels

8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
4 oz. green chili
4 oz. black olives
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onion
garlic powder (to taste)
seasoned salt (to taste)
7-10 flour tortillas

Mix ingredients, using what you love and leaving out what you don't care for. (I make it without the onions and olives. But I usually add some sort of bacon or bacon bits. Get creative and add your own favorites. If you find something tasty, let me know!) Spread mixture over tortillas and roll the tortillas. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and chill for several hours. Cut the rolls in slices about and inch thick. Serve with salsa.

I promise a post about something other than food is coming soon!

No comments: