Thursday, July 05, 2007

A watched pot never boils...

Wow, I take a break from doing my blog thang for a couple of days, and wham! it all hits at once! I just got notice that I am able to post this:

I signed up to have my blog listed at "5 Minutes for Mom" and now it's there. Just click the button to read all about what you probably already know anyways.

Also Larissa and Lisa have both tagged me for the "5 things" meme. So, as not to disappoint, here are my answers.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

Getting ready to move in to my first apartment as a single college graduate. I was also getting ready to sign my first teaching contract for my dream job: first grade classroom teacher at a low income school

2. What were you doing one year ago?

I was at a camp that we ran for our teens at church. It was called Refresh. Honey and I organized it and with some help from a few great volunteers, we tried to give our kids a much needed break from their world of hectic schedules and demanding expectations, while encouraging them to use the break to draw closer to God. To celebrate the 4th of July, we built and set off the Diet Coke and Mentos bombs that everyone was talking about last summer.

3. 5 snacks you enjoy.

Chocolate crispy treats

Cheeze-its

Brownie Batter Blizzards

Chips and Queso

Fried Zucchini

4. 5 songs you know all the words to.

Oh, yes Lisa I absolutely know every word to "9 to 5". We should get together and sing karaoke some time.

"Angel Eyes" by The Jeff Healey Band

"Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up" by Garth Brooks

"Best of Both Worlds" by Hannah Montana (turn the sound on to hear the chorus played while you view the web-site)

Pretty much any Christmas song...at least the ones that date back to my high school show choir days.

5. 5 things you would do if you were a millionaire.

Honey and I discuss this often, you know if you were to win the lottery that you never play...

Make sure our kids had money for college

Put a couple of our favorite teens through college

Pay off our house

Take the kids, Honey, Uncle Bubba, and the parents to Disney World

Buy a house to give to someone that needs it

6. 5 bad habits

Biting my cuticles

Not returning phone calls

Not exercising regularly

Letting the dishes pile up

Spending too much time on the computer

7. 5 things you like doing

Reading

Blogging

Scrap booking

Painting plates

Gardening

8. 5 things you would never wear again

Yes, sadly, my prom dress...

and, also from the high school days, leggings. (No, girls of 2007, you did not invent the wear leggings under your mini-skirt look just this spring. Back in the day, we did it too!)

I don't plan on ever wearing maternity underwear again.

And that goes for any clothing grouped in the "maternity" category

You'll never see me wearing a bikini either.

9. 5 favorite toys

Computer

DVR

Camera

Wii

X-box

And that, my friends, about sums it up for the day.

Except, I forgot to tag more people to answer the questions. Ashley, Jennifer B, Laci, and EJ are all tagged.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

I am a year older than you, I started at ACU in '92 actually, but graduated a year late. I had a serious boyfriend early on and did not pledge a club. I mostly hung out with kojies, however my roomates were two kappas and a gata! I was not actively involved and have not really been back but once. I graduated with BS in Interior Design. I am not die-hard but enjoyed my time there after the boyfriend, he was a bad decision! My maiden name is Young. I left close to this same comment on mine b/c another girl commented from there that I don't know but I was not sure if you would revisit the comments.