Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Here and There

My thoughts have been a bit scattered lately. Here are a few things floating around in my head:

- In Bible class we have been studying the minor prophets. Sunday we were in Habakkuk which is one of my favorite books. Mainly because it is a conversation between Habakkuk and God, where Habbakkuk questions the events that God has allowed to take place. He doesn't understand why God allows bad things to happen. God not only allows Habakkuk to question, but he also gives an answer. This book reflects a relationship between God and one of his children that is strong enough to endure the questions. It inspires me to seek that kind of relationship with God. I love the fact that I rest in the arms of a Father that allows me to ask the tough questions. It encourages me to praise God and honor him even when I don't like the answers I get.

- In class on Sunday we highlighted 2:20 "But the Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him." It reminds me of a sign I had hanging in my locker in high school that said,
"God's in his heaven, all's right with the world!" - Robert Browning.

Thank goodness God is in control and I am not.

-Only 2 days until the premier of High School Musical 2. I'm just sayin'.

-The kids and I are in the process of planning a premier party. The girls have ordered High School Musical "pupcakes".

-The girls also think that my dad is driving around in a new white "hickup".

-And my son has taught the girls the real names of the actors that play the parts in High School Musical. We can no longer refer to the people by their movie names such as Troy, Gabriella, Sharpay and Ryan. We must call them by their real first names Zac, Vanessa, Ashley, and Lucas. I think it makes us feel like we're BFFs with all of them. If I accidently slip up and say Gabriella, Mary TuTu says, "You mean Vanessa Hudgens, Mom."

-And yesterday, while flipping through the channels, we found "Grease". The kids and I watched it, and this was the first time I've seen it as an adult. WOW! I never did really understand that movie.

-However, I'm not worried that my kids understood any of the suggestive dialogue because we spent most of the movie comparing the Grease characters to the High School Musical characters. "So Danny and Sandy are like Zac (Troy) and Vanessa (Gabriella), and Rizzo and Kiniki are like Ashley (Sharpay) and Lucas (Ryan)?"

"Yeah, kinda', accept without all the sex."

Just kidding, I didn't say that.

4 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

LOVED your comment at Everyday Mommy. I wanted to shout AMEN, SISTAH! I commented as well.

Lisa Renee said...

This makes me want to study Habakuk and LOVE that quote by Browning. I am going to be meditating on that a lot. Isn't it weird, I mean AWESOME, how God uses other people to tell you exactly what he wants you to hear and what you need to hear at just the right moment. That is what He did with you today for me. Lots of things I don't need to go all into, but Thank you............

Laci said...

I love reading your blog! I always come away in tears or with a huge smile on my face! Man I miss your family! Love ya! **hugs**

~ej said...

great quotes....
and yes, HSM is like grease sans the sex....i've never been much for grease. mainly cos travolta scares me, and i prefer my musicals in black and white or circa 1954 ;)