Wednesday, February 13, 2008

...and doggone-it, people like me!

At least 8 year olds do. Last month, I entered a contest that Misty was hosting over at Rainy Day in May. All you had to do to enter was leave a comment, and at the end of the week, Misty would let her 8 year old daughter choose her favorite comment and that person would be the winner. My comment went something like this:
"Well, Genny, first of all we have the same name, just different spellings. Secondly, I have an 8 year old son that could be described as tall, dark, and handsome. . ."
And l0 and behold, I won. Who said girls were hard to figure out? We all love us some tall, dark, and handsome. Can I get an AMEN?


So, a couple of days ago, I got a package. In the real mail. The kind of mail that you can hold and touch. With actual stuff in it. Actual, tangible stuff. And here is what I won: some stationary.

Cute,

whimsical,

tiny,


funny,



funky stationary.


And a journal. And a book of stamps.


And. . . a cup of coffee or two.
So, thanks Misty, and Genny, for all the great stuff. I can't decide which one to use first. Oh, and thanks Bubba, for being so tall dark and handsome.

7 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun surprise! Something about a fun package in the mail takes me back to my childhood. It just makes you feel good especially when it happens for no specific holiday:) Enjoy all the cute stuff!

Misty said...

touchable mail truly is the best... Packages, letters, photos. Whatever. It makes all of the piling junk mail and bills seem less daunting! :)
I am glad you liked it. Genny is over my shoulder resounding her very loud "Amen!"
Ha!

Sunny said...

That's too funny! Gotta love real, tangible, snail mail!

javamamma said...

What a pile of way fun stuff! Congrats on your win - you witty woman. :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

How fun! What a great package! :) Congrats on being able to sway 8 year olds. Do you have any power over almost-seven year olds who don't want to write their spelling words?

The Binkley Family said...

What a fun giveaway! You got some cool stuff!

~ej said...

fun and pretty all at once :-)