Sunday, June 01, 2008

Some more gifts and stuff

We missed Bubba's last day of school because we were traveling, but before we left, he gave his teacher her plate to comemorate this year. The theme for the school this year was western, so I decided to make Mrs. P's plate reflect all the cowpokes in her room.


I really love how they all turn out a little different and definitely one of a kind.


We also missed Honey's mom's birthday because we were traveling. So, we took her out to eat the night before we left and gave her her gift. Making this one was actually a family affair. My SIL and I got together and made a Lastname Family Recipe book for her. We compiled recipes and asked family members to contribute some, too. Most of the recipes are foods we share at holidays and on our annual Squirrel Hunt.

Here are a couple of pages I did:



One of our aunts doesn't do e-mail so she sent her reicpes in the mail on recipe cards. I loved that they were in her handwriting and that she added personal notes to the end of each one. So I scrapped a page with an envelope and put the cards inside the envelope. They aren't readily available to cook from, but I think it added a whimsical touch to the book.
I don't want to take all the credit on this one. Here are a couple of pages that my SIL did. I love the themed paper!



I just love this idea and wanted both of our moms to have this family keepsake. The best part is that as our families continue to grow and we grow to love new recipes, we can always add more. It's as easy as putting in another page!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Very cute! Love the plate and love the recipe book.

Anonymous said...

what a cool idea!!! You are soooo smart!

~ej said...

love the pages and the handwritten recipe cards. i have all of my mom's cards, but i don't scrap ;)
the cowpoke plate is SO adorable!! gosh, we didn't do anything cool (as homeroom moms) for my son's class. but it's too late now!!

Mandy said...

That is precious!! So stinkin' cute! Welcome back from your trip! It sounds like it was very relaxing!