Thursday, July 09, 2009

Today I treated myself to a pedicure.

Well...more accurately, Honey treated me to a pedicure. And a manicure. Because, you see, he has a job that pays MONEY! As opposed to my job that pays in...sticky kisses and giant snuggles. Don't get me wrong, I think the kisses and snuggles are priceless, but something tells me that if I tried to pay the pedicure guy in kisses and snuggles...well...it just wouldn't work. And, ew.....

Anyway, there's this place not too far from our house, right across from The Rosa's, that will do a simple pedicure and manicure for $35. (This is the 3rd or 4th post in which I've mentioned The Rosa's, so I think I can quit posting the link and you'll still know what I'm talking about.)

And here, simple is the key word. Plain old, nothin' special, just a good washin', some moisturizer, and some paint...simple.

And another key word is clean. Every time I've been in, it's spotless. Not a smudge of dust, sludge, or dirt in the place...clean.

OK, and cheap. The very idea called out and appealed to the little Dave Ramsey that sits on all of our shoulders. It was a cheap way to pamper myself since the kids are spending the week with Honey's parents. And I'm headed to Prayer Group Retreat tomorrow! Holla!

The only drawback is that...all the nail people? They don't speak much English. (As grammatically incorrect as those last two sentences were, apparently I don't either.) I was there for an hour or so, and the only times I heard English being spoken was when the nail tech had to reprimand me.

And as pedicure savvy as I am, I got multiple reprimands at the nail place today. First, I accidentally stepped on the drain and let all the water out of my soaking tub. Then, I had my cell phone in my lap and he asked me to move it to the armrest so it wouldn't slide in the water. And as I was getting out of the chair, I messed my thumbnail up. And then, I sat in the wrong chair when it was time to move to the nail dryer. I'm sure he was completely exasperated with me by the time I left, and I'd be willing to bet that between reprimands, he and his nail tech friends were making fun of me in their language...whatever it is.

I think it would be so fun to buy the Rosetta Stone program and learn their language. Then the next time they go off on a non-English tangent, I can just comment back and watch the look of shock and surprise on their faces.

Or I could take the attitude that a little bit of dignity is a small price to pay for a cheap, clean, simple pedicure/manicure. I think I'll go with that one.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

LOL!! That would so be ME doing all of that! At least you got pampered!

Connie said...

I thought you were reading my mind and I too want to buy the Rosetta Stone program so I can understand what they are saying about me...really?? All for a cheap mani/pedi. Oh well...until then I too will choose the latter.

Connie