Tuesday, September 14, 2010

That would be so easy to make

Have you ever been shopping with your mom and find something you both think is really cute? And then just about the time you're committed to it, your mom whispers, "That would be so easy to make". And you pause...just long enough to imagine how cute yours would be and how much less money you would spend if you would just make it yourself.

And you leave the store, empty handed, talking about the grand plans to make that really cute thing...someday.

No? Are we the only ones that do that?

A couple of weeks ago Pleated Poppy shared some pictures from the new Pottery Barn fall catalogue.

When I saw this center piece, it was love at first sight. I knew my dining room table would never be the same. And then I heard my mom's voice whisper, "That would be so easy to make".

And after a WHOLE ENTIRE DAY of searching EVERY SINGLE STORE in my town for the perfect bowl, almost settling for a basket because I just didn't think the perfect bowl existed, but then, ALAS! at the very last store I tried I found one!...that centerpiece lives at my house.


5 comments:

Su said...

Oh, Jenni, this makes me laugh. My mother does that ALL. THE. TIME. And what's great is: she isn't crafty! She could never make any of the stuff she is always trying to get me to make!

Having said that, your new centerpiece is gorgeous. Well done!

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Love it! You did great! My mom used to say that all the time too. Now she is more apt to buy it and I'm the one saying "I could make that!" But I never do. You go, Girl!

The Binkley Family said...

I think you did a great job! I say that all of the time...rarely do I act on it. You have inspired me! :)

kimberly t. bowling said...

Kudos to you!! It looks superb...very fallish and elegant all at the same time...good enough for a magazine cover! :)

Mom said...

Great job, Jen! Love you!