Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Just because I love you.

Yesterday Honey and I went shopping for Bubba's camp package. I made a handy-dandy list of all the suggestions I got on Facebook and in the comments. As it turns out, Honey had some ideas of his own. He knows what boys like. I think we put together a fun box for Bubba.

Here's what we found:

*Pringles (enough to share one afternoon during rest time)
*Gummy Worms (they are a favorite of Bubba's)
*Tic Tacs (gum isn't really camp friendly...it gets stuck in all the wrong places)
*Suckers (a treat for the hikes)
*Axe body spray (for all the other people that have to smell him)
*Chap Stick (in case he gets a date to the banquet...just kidding...so his lips don't get chapped or sunburned)
*some Life Saver mints and fruit flavors
*homemade Snicker Doodles
*homemade chocolate krispie treats
*a letter from each of the girls and from mom
*this new t-shirt:

It made me giggle. Our family has been playing the Smurfs game on the iPad. We're excited about the movie that comes out at the end of the month.

The girls and I had fun making cookies and krispie treats this morning. What are the odds of the snicker doodles making it there without breaking?

4 comments:

jenifer said...

so fun... it makes me want to send my kids to camp just so i can mail them a package. (He will be so cute in that shirt!!) We'll miss you guys!

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

The pictures are a nice touch! Good job, Mom!

Su said...

I can vouch for snickerdoodles being good in crumb or cookie form.

Amy said...

Awwwwwww! I love the T-shirt :). And, it sounds like you used the ideas well and STILL made it better. The photos crack me up. My 13yo would be m.a.d if she saw her siblings in her room, but would probably laugh at the set-up, too.

You have one lucky boy!!!