Saturday, July 09, 2011

Wildcats in the house!

I really like live theatre, and I especially I LOVE musicals. A good show tune can always bring a smile to my face.

Honey isn't as in to musicals as I am, but he humors me every now and then. We have an outdoor amphitheatre in our town and every summer they do a Broadway series.

We took the girls last night.

Can you guess what we saw?

Remember when we were all about High School Musical? This play is just carrying on the tradition for us.

Bubba thinks High School Musical is so first grade. He wouldn't have been caught dead watching with us last night. He wasn't sad at all when I told him we were going while he was at camp.

It was opening night. The sound was a bit iffy. Some of the vocals were a bit off. To their credit, they've probably only been practicing for a month. Honey said not to get tickets for opening night again. He wants us to give them a chance to work out some of the kinks. It's probably not a bad idea.

It was still a fun summer evening. Hopefully at least the girls will learn to love the theatre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and me too, Girl!

Su said...

I love that theatre, but for the past few years I've been the cranky cheap-o who says they charge to much for sitting on the ground. But, it's the theatre and I love it being outdoors. Can't have everything, I guess! ;)