Tuesday, November 01, 2011

11-1-11

A snapshot of our life on 11-1-11:

- Halloween costumes this year:

Brooke: Mummy; Bubba: glow-in-the-dark alien; Mary Tutu: Mad Hatter
- what Bubba looked like in the dark:

- the pumpkins we "carved"

- Honey drove in from work early today, so he picked the kids up from school. While I was waiting on them to get home, I made these pizza rolls for an after school snack. We all loved them and they were super easy to put together.
We used 1 can of biscuits, 1 c. mozzarella cheese, ham, and pizza dipping sauce. The biscuits and pizza sauce we used made these 10g of carbs for each roll.
Next time, I'll just spray the muffin tins and cook right in the tin instead of using the cupcake liners. The cheese cooked onto the liners and made the rolls stick.
- I'm in the market for a new pair of jeans. What's your favorite brand and fit? I've been loving the Eddie Bauer Curvy fit, but I think I need some that are a bit longer and my EB doesn't stock long sizes in the store. I HATE that. I don't WANT to order online, I want to try them on...
- Mary Tutu sold the most items in her class for the recent fundraiser. For her prize, she got to be the teacher for the day. I was telling her that she was allowed to bring a Sonic drink to school and drink it while she worked just like her teachers do. When she heard that she asked, "So do I get Rosa's for lunch, too?" The Rosa's is right down the street from the school. So guess what she got for lunch that day?
- In 4 days I will be chillin' with my prayer groupies in San Diego. California. Just the girls. No kids. We Texas mamas aren't going to know what to do with ourselves. We'll be celebrating our 15th prayer group retreat.
None of us have ever been to San Diego. Have you? Do you have any suggestions for us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seaside Village! It is beautiful & it has shopping- things that are kind of unique to the area & not something you can find everywhere. I used to live in San Diego. Hope you enjoy your trip!
Phyllis

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Have fun!!

valerie in TX said...

I've only been to San Diego once, and it was so beautiful! (it was spring, though) Have fun!! I'm happy that my favorite jeans are Lee - less than $20 at WM, and not the frumpiness they used to be. :)