Friday, March 16, 2012

InstaSpringBreak Day 7


Do these shoes look like they are two different colors?

Yes?

That's because they are.

I'm helping with a wedding this weekend and I wanted some new shoes to wear.  I've never had shoes this tall before.  They are suprisingly comfy.  They make me really tall.  Bubba hates them.

When we are both barefooted, he is almost as tall as me.  I still have him by this much.When I wear these shoes, I am significantly taller than him.

I tried them on at home for the girls.  Their eyes got really big when they saw the height of the heels.  "I like your new shoes, Mommy." Mary TuTu gushed.  What is it with little girls and high heeled shoes?  I remember loving my mom's high heels when I was 8.

Brooke took her little sweaty foot and stepped on the top of mine and it left a dark mark across the top of the shoe.  Really dark.  And it didn't fade.  It was like the sweat changed the color of the leather.

And then I noticed that the lotion on my hands left dark marks on the straps where I touched them to take them off. I had one light shoe and one smudged shoe.

I ended up rubbing lotion all over both shoes so they would match.  It was like oiling a baseball glove in the spring.

I still like them, but I don't love them like I did when I bought them.  I like that they match...they would have smudged every time I wore them...I liked the original color better.

Whatever...
The shoes have distracted me from my bracket that is quickly falling apart.

No comments: