Saturday, May 19, 2007

It can't be a flood...

because God promised Noah that he would never destroy the earth with a flood again. But that, my friends, is the only reason I believe that the rain will stop. At some point. It has to. Mind you, I 'm not complaining, I know we need it. But it is cramping my style just a bit.

At this point in the year my child rearing strategy turns from occupying them with movies and popcorn, to takinging them outside to play in the hot, energy-draining sun and hoping to make them so dog-tired that they will actually sleep past 6:30 am. Yes, I said AM. (Please do not send messages telling me that your child/ren sleep til 8 every morning without fail. It won't make me feel better in the morning when my children rise before my alarm goes off, forget hitting snooze...)

Also, this is the time of year when I turn all of my attention to the yard, garden, and flowers. Traditionally, I spend lots of mornings, evenings, and weekends planting, watering, weeding, and you know...stuff. I love to be outside this time of year. It is cooler than it is in July and Bubba is still in school, so I only have to entertain 2 bored-out-of-their-minds-I-don't-want-to-play-with-ANY-of-the-thousands-of-toys-that-we-have children while I work. With the rain, although I don't have to water, it's just too wet to do anything, including lay the sod that has been sitting on our front sidewalk for a couple of days.



With the attention I usually give to the yard, the inside of my house usually goes to pot. But it's justified, because I'm working, it's just outside.

THIS year is completely different. I haven't spent any time working outside, except that one weekend. So I have absolutely no excuse for why my house looks the way it does. Even though I am starting my day every morning at least 30 minutes before I'd planned to, thanks to my little 3 year old alarm clocks, I still cannot seem to get caught up on laundry, get the kitchen floor mopped, or get the office organized. Or cook.

I think it might have something to do with motivation...because I just went outside to take this picture IN MY PAJAMAS! (It doesn't count as leaving the house if you didn't actually leave your front porch does it?) So, excuse me while I go take a shower and get dressed. I'm not making any promises about what will happen after that.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

You truly have a gift of writing funny blogs. They always make me laugh!