Sunday, July 11, 2010

12 years...

Today is our anniversary. We've been married 12 years.

And yes, my bouquet was huge. And heavy. No, I wasn't hiding our love child under there.

See how Honey's hand is in his pocket in this picture? That's the last picture he took that way. The rest of them, the photographer had him slide his hand under the bouquet and help me hold it. My fingers were cramping.

I know, it was a little bit out of control. But back in the 90's everything was big and poof-y and just a bit out of control.

Here's the kiss. It was a good kiss. We practiced...
Honey has done several weddings over the years and my best advice to the bride and groom is to practice your kiss. That's really all I'm qualified to advise on, because remember the flowers? Out. of. control.
And see the minister? That's Honey's brother. You know why he has such a big, cheesy grin? Because instead of saying, "You may kiss the bride.", he'd just said, "You can get all the action you want."
I'm not even kidding.
Imagine trying to explain that to your Mema.
Oh well, we're just as married as we would have been if he'd said, "You may kiss the bride."
I've heard stories of the minister forgetting the kiss altogether, at least he didn't do that. It would have been a shame, what with all the practicing.
I love you, Honey, happy anniversary. I plan on at least 60 more years together, so just brace yourself.

6 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

Love the pictures!!!! Congrats!

valerie in TX said...

Happy anniversary! And the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was "her bouquet was beautiful!" :) [and your dress was too!]

Chrissy Cross said...

I love this post! I wonder if the brother would do the same today? :)

Shelly@Sweet Journey said...

Your wedding was so gorgeous!

Misty said...

love this!!! happy anniversary, belated!

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the wedding pictures, and love that bouquet...beautiful!