Sunday, April 03, 2011

An Open Letter

Dear State of Texas,
My 5th grade son is not at all excited about the fact that he will be taking the Math and Reading TAKS test on Monday and Tuesday. To add to his non-excitement, in preparation for this test, he will go to bed early Monday night and miss the 2011 NCAA Basketball Championship Game.

I know for you it's all about good test scores. And I really want to help you out with that. I will make him practice his reading strategies. I will make sure he gets a good night's sleep. I will feed him a good breakfast. I will make sure he has a new Harry Potter book to read after he is finished testing so everyone else can finish in peace and quiet.

But you have to meet me in the middle. It's all about give and take. So, on behalf of all of the basketball loving 5th grade boys in the state, check the calendar next year before you schedule your test.

Help me help you.

Sincerely, Jenni

1 comment:

Misty said...

Seriously... Priorities...