Saturday, April 09, 2011

The upside to being awake at 6:30am on a Saturday

There are advantages to arriving at the ball fields at 7:30 in the morning.


  1. The parking lot was empty. I had no trouble at all parking the suburban.

  2. As a general rule, the wind/dirt doesn't blow early in the day. This morning it was beautiful!

  3. If we have to play a double header, before the 90 degree heat is preferred.

  4. ...

Three is all I could think of.


The second game was the longest. game. ever. It ran about an hour over time. I'm totally not exaggerating. We waited too long to feed Brooke lunch, and that started a roller coaster of a day with her blood sugar.


Or the roller coaster day could be due to the antibiotics she is currently taking.


Or the infection she's fighting.


Or the excitement she's feeling that her grandparents are visiting for the weekend.


Or the stress she felt when I would't buy her a second bag of sunflower seeds at the game.


Who knows?


All I know for sure is that tomorrow is Sunday, and that means Mexican food for lunch and naps shortly after.


Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Hope your nap eased any crappiness... When i read the title of your post in my reader I spoke (out loud) "A big fat nothing, is what..."